3 part fracture
of proximal humerus
- Right arm (?dominant side) - 25/male : usually warrants operative fixation unless the fracture fragments are not displaced.
1. Immobilisation is usually done by arm sling & swathe for minimum 3-6 weeks.
2. Lying on the side of fracture usually should be avoided. Better would be lying on left side & getting up from the same posture may help u decrease the pain during getting up.
3. Normal diet is more than enough. High protein diet like cereals, pulses, meat, egg & calcium rich diet like milk, dates fruit may aid in healing the injured tissues.
4. Satisfactory bony union to start mobilising your shoulder may take minimum 3-6 weeks. Complete union usually will take 3-5 months.