3 month son, green pasty stools. Switched from breast milk to formula. What could be this?

My three month old son has developed pasty ( a little thicker than peanut butter) stools over the last 2 days. The stools started out to be green (almost army green) in color and tonight have switched to a light pasty green with white spots/film. He was exclusively breast fed up until 1 week ago. We are now on formula. We had to switch due to me returning back to work a month ago and not being able to keep up with pumping due to busy work shedule (milk eventually dried up). What could be the cause of the stool change? How concerned should I be? He is otherwise a healthy infant. He is alert, smiling, cooing, nice pink color, and eats 5 ounces every 3 hours without difficulty.

thank you in advance for your response
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013