3 days old baby, has blood in urine. What is the cause of this ?

my Baby boy was born three days ago. Last night and this morning I noticed that on his urine have blood in them. Last night was only a little bit, but this morning was much more. What is the cause of this? and what should I do? I asked the doctor and he said my baby have no problem, only take a couple of shot then he ll be Okay. I do not trust the Dr. in our country as most of them never been properly educated. I live in Cambodia, and the system here works very different from the West and other first world country. I would be very greatful and thankfull for all the answer and advice you can provide me.
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Hi,thanks for query.Blood in urine is not common and needs some investigation for this.First of all go for urine test to confirm presence of blood.There after an ultrasound is needed to look for the cause.The shots that your doctor is advising,please ask them what they are given for and what is the drug.please take care and maintain follow up with your doctor.bye.