28 year old with a whitish skin patch on the penis. Viltiligo confirmed. Treatment options?

Hello doctor, I am 28 year boy. I am having white coloured patch on my penis . I have consulted a doctor for this and he confirmed that it is vitiligo . I would like to know what are effective treatments available for vitiligo. This white patch is not from my birth. When i was very young (around 6 years old), my penis foreskin got stuck in trouser zip and there was some cut. I saw first sign of white patch when i was 12 years old..since then this patch has spread but slowly....what is possibility that this is just localised patch and it won t spread all over my body in next few years?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013