22 months old baby with pneumonia

Hi, I have a baby diagnosed with pneumonia . He is not sleeping. Should I take him to hospital? He is 22 months old. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
hi welcome to health care magic.dose he had cough and fever associated with sleep disturb plus breathlessness then immidiately go to hospital dont take chance.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.It is possible that she might be having some discomfort due to cough and breathing difficulty.Please watch for respiration ,if the rate is high and she looks sick then you need to visit your doctor now.This might needs some treatment urgently inform either nebulizer or some injections.
wishing her good health and speedy recovery.