2 year old with pain in the head and eye. Have cough. Need to take her to hospital?

My (almost) 2 year old keeps complaining that her head hurts. She will say her head and her eye hurts. Sometimes she won t say it all day until bedtime; but the other day she was saying it to our daycare lady all afternoon long. She has a little bit of a cough , but otherwise is a very healthy girl. What could this be? She has her 2 year appt in a month. should I wait until then or bring her in earlier? Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Toddlers usually cant describe their headache, but they become irritable,cranky ,or vomit or prefer dark rooms to sleep.
As your child is having headache look for any causes of headache like cold, infections of head and neck and observe his vision by seeing his preference for near and far objects.
Consult your Pediatrician to look for the causes of headache and for its management.
Hope i have answered your query.