2 year old with fever, lung infection. Waiting for the x-ray report. Why TB test is suggested?

hi,my name is having a 2 year old baby, she is running high temperature from past 4 days. the temp is going up to 105.6. my doctor is asked to continue the medication-Advill till 4 days.we did it. On 4th day, that is today she asked to take one x-ray for pneumonia ,since she had minimal lung infection last month.we are waiting for the x-ray report now.meanwhile she put one injection to test TB,am worrying about this,i dnt understand why she is doing this TB test..plz help me
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013