2 year old suffering from fever

My son is 23 months old and is running a fever .. I took it underarm it was 100.7 thats without adding anything...Do i add anything?? Is this serious? I d just like to add that this just started today its hasnt been days....And the only thing i can think of that would have made him sick is.....Our ac in the car went out Thursday night...I had to pick my 11 year old up from school friday and well we live in was super hot but we didnt sit around i kept the car moving so he didnt burn up....but he was still hot..with red cheeks when we got home.....
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
well if u dont wont to add u must hav a closer watch over him.100.f is approximetly atmospheric temp. as u said its too hot in just cold sponge him n watch it should not exceed upto 101.f
Pediatrician Dr. Taher Kagalwala's  Response
I think that if there wasn't anything serious, your son should already be okay. In any case, unlike the opinion expressed by Dr. Singh, I strongly recommend sponging with lukewarm water, and that, only if the temperature is above 101 F in the armpit. Atmospheric temp. is unlikely to be 100 F unless there is a particularly bad heat spell in Texas.