2 year old having pain in the hands. What could be the reason?

hi my name is samantha and i have three children with one baby on the oldest is a 4yr old girl,then i have a 3yr old gilr and a 2yr old son.....the problem is my 2ry old son has recently started to complain of pain in his hands..the pain comes in random spurts and he becomes extra whiny...sometimes it s as though he is overly anxious and will grab at them or put his hands on his head in frustration.....please if you have any idea,please help
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013

Was there any injury to his hand?

If it really bothers him, please have him seen by a Pediatrician to look for any tenderness in that area, movement of fingers etc.

If nothing abnormal is found on examination, nothing to worry. You may ask your doctor for Calcium + Vitamin D supplements daily.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish your son good health.