19 yr old, twisted knee, x-ray shows ligament rupture. On bed rest, stiffened legs. What to do ?

hello doctor. i am a 19 year old student and while dancing my knee twisted nd x ray reports told that its ligament rupture..!! i hav been advised 10 days complete bed rest and then i hav to consult the doctor again.. As i am not moving at all.. my legs hav becum too stiff and now its even tough for me to use the wshroom.. so.., in this complete bed rest should be thr or a little movemnt is needed..? nd swelling is also increasing..!! what should i do.. its thrd day..
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think you will need a MRI of the knee joint. This will show us if there is meniscus tear, or ACL injury. I would suggest you to meet a arthroscopic surgeon . You might need a ligament surgery. If any surgery is suggested then go ahead with them.