19 months baby diagnosed with peri membraneous vsd. Is surgery required ?

My male baby,19months old has been diagnosed with a peri membraneous VSD with 3mm PAH, I would like to know surgery is urgently needed ?if so where is the most cost effective place to have such surgery? now my baby under treatment.the doctor advice medicine are as follows:-1)DIXINPAED 1.6ml -5days in a week.2) FUROPAED 0.8ml every day.3)tab enam2.5-1/4tab twice in a day.please advice me how far medicine is effective to cure this. mk ghosh,kolkata.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Your child will require surgery in most instances because of size and PAH, otherwise he will have worsening health. You can contact Cardio Surgeons at reputed Hospitals in Kolkata or any place in India. For subsidised treatment you can try Sai Baba Hospital in Bangalore but you may have to wait for few months due to high patient load. Drugs will have to be taken throught life and won't help much in long term. Better choice is Surgery as and if the Baby's Doctor advises.