18 years old having body aches and fever. Eating healthy. Had growing pains before. Medications?

My son is 18 years old and a few years ago, was diagnosed with growing pains . Granted, he s since sprouted a lot (now at approximately 6 feet ). At that time, the doctor recommended vitamin C and iron, as well as more milk intake, and advil for the pain. That worked wonderfully. My son continued this regimen for a full year until we believed he was fine. More recently in the last few months, he s been physically training to join a summer program offered through the Canadian Forces. Running, lifting weights, and he s been eating extremely healthy, lots of fruits/vegetables, minimal red meats (preferring fish), lots of water (never much of a soda drinker). Unfortunately the pains started again a few days ago. Just a short while ago, he came to me crying, in pain. He s feverish and his entire body aches, he confirmed that it s the exact same pain he felt a few years back. I ran a hot bath for him, gave him some advil and also vitamin C (it s all I had in the cupboard). My question is, can it still be growing pains with his being 18? Should we re-start the routine from a few years ago? ie: vitamins , milk, advil, etc? I suggested to him that he may have just been overdoing his training and his body needs to balance out with the vitamins. I look forward to your response, thank you! Arlette
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012