17 year old with pain in the wrists. Have swelling. Could it be due to playing soccer?

Hi my daughter about about 5 days ago began complaining about pain in both her wrist . At the time there was no appearent swelling and I thought it was associated with her playing soccer. But 5 days later much to my surprise there is now obvious swelling of viens and bumps or lumps on hand and wrist area that is painful. I am going to take her to Dr for diagnosis but was wondering if you had thoughts on what it might be. She is thin and in very good shape. She is 17 years old and works out frequently in multiple manners. Your thoughts.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Jun 2015
Hello dear...
Pain & swelling in the wrists can be due to:
1. Trauma/ injury
2. Inflammation of the joints & connective tissue

Management involves:
1. Analgesic ointments
2. Anti inflammatory medications
3. Cold compress
4. Maintaining adequate hydration & proper nutrition. will be better to consult the Doctor & get a proper physical examination done.
So that appropriate management steps could be taken.
There is nothing to worry...your daughter will be fine.

Wishing her a Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.