thanks for your question
Sleep is God gift to humans, a normal human being need about 6-8 hours of sleep per day for normal functioning of body and brain. If a healthy individual is deprived of sleep for long he may start experiencing behavioral symptoms, irritability, hallucinations
and even death may occur. So sleep is very important part of our life and its also a little more important in your age, about 7-8 hours of sound sleep is must for your age. But if a human sleeps more than intended he may start experiencing a lot of clinical features as day time sleepiness, lack of motivation, irritability, tiredness
, poor concentration which you are experiencing.
As per my opinion you are able to sleep for 7-8 hours per day but some times you are not able to sleep even after going to bed for 3-4 hours. It is probably due to anticipatory anxiety
that you are experiencing about not able to get sound sleep, the more you worry about sleep the less you sleep and it results in a vicious cycle of INSOMNIA
AND WORRY, WORRY AND INSOMNIA.
To correct this you have to improve your sleep habits
- fix a time to go to bed, and it should be more or less same for daily.
- try to avoid using computer in night (a little difficult)
- don't make bedroom your work place, don't use computer on bed.
- avoid tea/ coffee in night
- take a walk after dinner, but don't do heavy exercise in evening.
- try to stop the thought that you are not able to sleep.
- in bed try not to concentrate on your daily activities instead try to sleep
- light music will help
- in morning after waking immediately get out of the bed, don't try to sleep more coz it will worsen next days cycle.
so as per my opinion you are not having any sleep disorder
, you just have to correct you daily sleep cycle
and your condition will improve.
thanks, hope i solved your query.