17 year old daughter has been eating sponge & lounge suite. Is she having mental disorder ?

I have a 17 year old daughter who attends a special school for children with learning problems. She has been eating sponge now for a few years but it is starting to get worse. She is starting to eating my lounge suite. Is it mental disorder ? Please help
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Welcome to healthcaremagic forum

Pica , is a common problem with children, espcailly with learning difficulties. She has to restrained, as sponge will accumulate in her intestines.
I am assuming that , her mental age is less then 17, so deal with her as you would do with a child.
Keep her away from similar things. Engaging in other activities, that may intersest her.
You can take help of her school teacher as well.
You may seek homeopathic help for this condition.

For further queries -