16 months old baby has white patches in nail, is this because of any deficiency ?

Hi, on the nails of my 16 month old daughter we see white patches. Are these white patches due to any deficancy? If yes what care needs to be taken such that they do not occur again.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Thanks for query,
You can give Formic-o to your child in two divided dose if advised by your doctor.
It is higher antibiotic.Usually not advised below 6 years of age.
ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Please do not give any antibiotic on your own.In case of any body no antibiotics must be given without consulting your doctor.You can give her anti pyre tic for fever as and when required after a gap of 6 hours.Give her plenty of fluids to drink and light diet to eat.wishing her good health.