15 year old with severe constipation, weight gain, thirsty and tired. What is wrong?

My 15 year Old daughter suffers from bad constipation. Regardless of whether she's eating normally or extremely healthily, cutting out all junk food and trying to flush out her system, the problem does not disappear. In the last few months she has gained 10lb in weight and her stomach is constantly swollen. I also believe that the intestines can be felt sticking through her stomach - if this is impossible then it is definitely something of the sort. She always feels sluggish and sick even despite doing regular exercise (she walks every morning for 1hr on a paper round and goes for regular runs) and eating very well (this week only limiting herself to bran flakes for breakfast, fruit and veg for lunch and a normal dinner with scarce sugary snacks). She drinks plenty of water but also does not see the effects of it, always feeling dehydrated and tired. I don't see where we're going wrong. What could you suggest she do? Are there certain foods she should avoid all together etc? Thank you. Beth
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013