15 year old with chest pain, bulging chest. Extra cartilage?

Hello I m a 15 year old male. For a few years my left lung seems to extend out a little bit more than my right lung, it looks like a bone sticking out. Never hurt me until a few weeks ago. I was running and my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode, then both my lungs hurt if I gently touched them. And one night I had a horrible chest pain in the middle of my chest. I went to the doctors a few years ago to examine what seemed to be a bone sticking out, but all they said was that it was extra cartiledge . Is this true? Please help
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013