15 month old not able to sit without support, unsteady head. On Indral tablet for coarctation. Balloon dilation done. No improvement with exercise. Low weight gain

hai sir, my son is 15th month completed. but not yet moving and not sitting without support and head also not yet support and already he is on treatment with indral tablet.due to severe coaraction and ballon dilution has done in 1 month itself. we are doing excersize but no improvement what is the reason his weight is 8.o kg only.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
you have to do the following.
1-check with the cardiologist whether coarctation dilatation is still ok and enough blood is flowing through the site of coarctation..

2-the child had developmental delay for which there are many causes-the treatment is only continuous and vigorous but gentle physiotherapy. Learn and observe from a physio and do more frequently whenever you find time. I suppose you already had an opinion from a pediatric neurologist.
3 -For weight gain you have to give high protein and high calorie diet.
All the best