13 years old, height 4'6, slow growth rate. Parents are good at height. Ways to improve height ?

My son is 13 years old and his height is 4 feet and 6 inches , I am 5 feet 7 inch and my wife is 5 feet 2 inches. My son s height was normal till the age of 10, since then his growth rate is very little. He has been doing hanging exercises but no positive result is achieved. His younger brother is 11 years and is one inch taller than him. one of my nephew has used pine height tablets of Innoveda Natural Research Laboratries USA and his height was increased. Can you let me know that this medicine has any adverse effect. AAAA
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012

Your son`s height is well below the expected for his age.
Since you both are okay in your heights, the cause has to be found out.

He needs to be assessed for his nutritional status, his hormone levels assessed, and other ailments ruled out.

Its better that you consult a Pediatrician- who will advise you further. If needed endocrine consult can be taken.

Before evaluating the cause, do not take any medications. Unless the components of the medicine are known and its well approved for usage, its better not to try any such medications.

Hope my answer helps you.
Best wishes.