11 months old has UTI and high fever, xray showed no blocks, advised Bactrim syrup. Any side effects ?

Dear Doctor, My name is AAAA. My son is 11 months old and he had UTI with very high temperature when he was 8 months old. we had treated him for that. Later my pediatrician had advised me to take ultrasound and diagnostic xray which had resulted in suspection that there might be a block in the bladder . They had to do a scopy to rule out the block. but, by God s grace there was no such block. after 2 days of his scopy he had temperature and then my pediatrician advised us to do a Ulrine Routine and culture to see if there is UTI. he had started him with Bactrim syrup even befor the test result came out. the test results were negative. is it any harm for having given Bactri without any infection. please advise me on this. my email ID is YYYY@YYYY Thank you in advance for your help. Thanks & regards AAAA
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012