10 year old having discolored patches on the body. What is the reason?

My child is 10 years old. I noticed spots of discoloration on her skin this summer in which she did swim a lot in pools this summer. At first it was noticeable on her face only, then I started to see blotches of discoloration on her joints , now it s pretty much on different areas of her entire body(front and back). and very noticeable. She also has patches of grayish white spots in her hair. I have consulted her doctor in which she gave us cream to use however, it has gotten worst..... any idea of what s going on?r
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012