10 year old having a fracture on the spine after a fall. Limited movement. Need to consult an orthopedic surgeon? Has Osgood Schlatters on knees

My 10 year old daughter fell from monkey bars and has a compression fracture of her L1. It was diagnosed by our chiropractor and it was a saturday afternoon. The compression is on the opposite side to the spinal cord , so the chiropractor was positive that it would heal OK. We are unsure as to whether we need to seek further medical advice from an orthopedic surgeon. She seems to be ok, but is very limited in her movement. She is rating her pain at about 3-4 out of 10. She said the pain was more like 7 out of 10 when she first fell. She also has Osgood Schlatters in her knees , so we are also concerned about whether we should investigate vitamin D or calcium deficiencies. She is otherwise a very healthy happy active child who plays basketball at every opportunity, so it is probably more likely to be her rapid growth. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you,
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012