Thanks for coming to healthcaremagic for your query.
It is not entirely clear how long has he been having loose motions? Does his poo smell? Have you seen any blood or pus or any whitis/thread-like structure in his poo? How many times does he pass stool in a day?
I can understand and appreciate your anxiety
in relation to this.
I would advise:
1. To get his stool tested at laboratory (Stool for microscopy and culture)
2. Hand hygiene is very paramount for your child and all family members (esp after going to toilet)
3. Get him checked over by a Pediatrician
4. He may need treatment for dysentry
and worm infestation if after examination, your doctor feels so.
5. I hope he is taking enough breast milk every day and has 6-8 wet nappies a day. If he is interested, liquids like water/buttermilk/yoghurt etc can be tried.
I hope he recovers soon
Dr Tejas Shah