what is a sharp pain relieved by peeing?

Question
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to spasm of bladder muscles

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you are getting a spasm of the bladder muscles while passing urine. This spasm is responsible for the sharp pain which gets relieved once the forceful contraction of the bladder is over. However, an urinary tract infection could be a possible cause and therefore needs to be excluded. Such an infection can be confirmed by getting urine routine microscopy with culture sensitivity done. In case of such an infection you need to drink plenty of water. Depending on the urine reports you might to take appropriate antibiotics.

An electrolyte imbalance could also be responsible for the spasm. I would insist you to take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps. You also need to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts.

Let me know if I could help further.