i have been using klonopin for one month now for

Question
i have been using klonopin for one month now for muscle spasms in my calves when I sleep. I works beautifully except for the fact that I have gained 10 pounds. is this common? is there another drug that does not cause weight gain but will quell my muscle spasms so I can sleep?

Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What disease condition is your doctor treating you for?

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully. Weight gain is a very rare side effect of klonopin. I will suggest that you look at your diet and exercise levels to see if they haven't changed which might explain this weight gain.

To be able to provide a suitable substitute, it is imperative to know what the diagnosis is. Klonopin is used for several different disease conditions and thus difficult to tell what the exact reason was for its prescription.

I hope to hear back from you. With the added information, I will determine what will work best for you and make recommendations.