had protecetd sex, got periods with clots and lasted for 2 days only. Chances of pregnancy?

Mar 2013
My fiance got periods on 8th may 9th XXXXXXX 13july 16th august and 14th september. We had protected sex on 8 and 9th july 25th july 3rd august and 14th sept. Last while having sex she got period it was dark brownish red she got good flow on 14th september and today she got little clots and she is sexually aroused all these tym always. I came to know tht her last period on 16th august just lasted fr 2days and this tym also she just cleared today evening. Is there something like pregency causes asbwe r not ready for new life. She is not on pills . Well but for her work she travels accross world with different tym zones. I am little scared. Can you help
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health query.
The menstrual pattern that you describe sounds pretty regular to me.
You have not mentioned what was her usual period duration, prior to August.
If she regularly has periods lasting for 2 - 3 days, then there is nothing to worry about.
Also, with regular cycles such as you have mentioned, the chances of pregnancy are quite low.
Also, it is common for women to have high libido and sexual arousal during the time of periods, due to increased blood flow to the pelvic organs.
As you are stressed out about the pregnancy aspect, you can go ahead and take a pregnancy test, that would cover the time of sexual activity till August.
And in September, you had sex during the periods, which also keeps her protected.
A pregnancy test can be taken as soon as this period ends.
Also, you have always had protected sex, so this further reduces the chances of pregnancy.
The bottomline is that I think the chances of pregnancy are almost zero, however just to reassure you and eliminate any margin of doubt , I would recommend a pregnancy test once this period ends.
All the best, and please feel free to ask any further follow up questions.
Follow-up: had protecetd sex, got periods with clots and lasted for 2 days only. Chances of pregnancy? 27 minutes later
Well as I leaned from her period last 4-5 days with hea y flow but last month august she got 2days and this month I told u on 14th we are having protected sex n she started period first a little then heavy flow. She said its dark brownish red and in the morning she got clots but in the evening it stopped means it started on 14th morning 5aam and stopped on 15th evening but 1st day got heavy flow... She travels a lot accross time zones and in flight with lot of activities or work by flight. I am confused as this last 2 months are not in regular pattern. Please help me. I m little scared
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Travelling across various time zones, and hectic work schedule, haphazard sleeping schedules - all of them can cause irregular cycles.
All you need to do is to take a pregnancy test once the current menstrual period is over.

Only rarely, irregular cycles might indicate a pregnancy or related complications. Therefore in all probabilities, I consider pregnancy unlikely

All the best.