for about a month I have been dealing with burning

Question
for about a month I have been dealing with burning sensation on my inner thighs and pubic area. the pain would come and go constantly and then I developed bumps on my penis shaft and irritation on my penile head. they don't itch but its very unpleasant to look at. I was giving to medications for it which was desonide cream and econazole that I used on my feet as well. it helped a little but I'm still feeling the burning sensation. then I was giving a powder NY AMYC 100,000 UNITS/GM Powder. ive been using this for about a week but still feeling the effects. I'm clueless as to what is going on the doctors visits haven't help much so far. what cloud this be he said it doesn't look like herpes or hpv but I'm not sure. any idea
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Skin biopsy

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. The medication you have been prescribed, for relief of the itching (Desonide cream) and against a fungal infection (Econazole), clearly didn't work, so an allergic reaction and the jock itch can safely ruled out.

At this point I recommend you do the full STD panel, the tests ruling out most STDs. If positive, antibiotics and/or antivirals would be the way to go.

If STDs have been ruled out, I would recommend a skin biopsy for further evaluation.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further comments or questions.

Redargs.

Follow-up: for about a month I have been dealing with burning 2 hours later
I was tested for stds six weeks after my sexual exposure, which was protected sex with a female. Gon,Chyl,Trich,Hiv and Syphilis all negative. I didnt test for herpes and hepatitis bra use it would be too early. And there’s no test for hpv in men. My dermatologist and urologist are sure it’s a fungal infection, plus I also suffer from eczema but I never had an outbreak like that in that area. They both said it doesn’t sound or look like herpes but I will test at the three month mark just to be sure. Because I’ve been dealing with the symptoms for about a month and have no visible lesions and the bumps aren’t lesions according to my urologist.
My dermatologist did take a skin biopsy of one of the bumps and I have to wait ten days for the results. I know I cant be properly diagnosed over the internet but judging from my symptoms and pics what did you the I’m dealing with educated guess would be most appreciated. Could it be folliculitis, finally I’m getting an outbreak done there from my eczema or does it look like and std to you honest.
Follow-up: for about a month I have been dealing with burning 6 minutes later
Have you ever seen something like this before ? Thanks again and I thought herpes comes in clusters and it would be painful and if I’m having burning sensation usually lesions appear a couple of days after and I’ve been dealing with this for at least a month and no lesions. I also had a full std panel done before my last sexual exposure all negative. So an initial outbreak would be sereve for the first time correct ? Ether a symptomatic or bad outbreak correct ?

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Hepes highly unlikely

Detailed Answer:

I apologize for the late reply. Yes, I have seen something similar before. It turned out to be an allergic reaction to the underwear fabric, although the localisation was more widespread. Although I would safely rule herpes out, and it surely looks like a fungal infection, I still think it may be a manifestation of an STD. The ultimate diagnosis, given the peculiarity of the case, lies with the skin biopsy results, as the ultimate next diagnostic step. This is all I am able to say right now. I hope this was in any way helpful.

Wishing you good health and all the best.

Follow-up: for about a month I have been dealing with burning 2 days later
ok thinks for the information and your thoughts on this matter. I did visit an infectous disease doctor and she examined me to the t and she saw no active lesions and the bumps on my penis shaft have a gotten a little better. About the two bumps in my pubic hair she said that there were inflamed hairs. something called folliculitis, does this sound like a correct diagnosis to you ? Being the fact that I tested negative before this sexual exposure, which was protected sex. plus my symptoms have been going on for two months if not herpes, then what std could be manifestation ? Maybe a real bad fungal/yeast infection that will take antibiotics and not just a cream and powder ? I also tested again for herpes and syphilis just to be sure. thank you very much doctor this has been a rough time on me

you will get a excellent rating from me. thanks again last follow up take care

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 5 days later
Brief Answer:
Kindly rate the answer

Detailed Answer:
Thank you and take care. Kindly close the query and rate the answer.

Follow-up: for about a month I have been dealing with burning 8 minutes later
I will close it doctor but you didn’t answer my last question ?

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly get a skin biopsy

Detailed Answer:
This can be fungal infection but as stated before, to give you a correct diagnosis, you should get a skin biopsy as the next step.

Thanks