doctor i have a white spot in may left hand

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
and i consulted a dermatologist he said that it is not vitiligo he give me vitamin tablets and ketoconazole cream to put in the area but the spot remains as it is
on my second visit he give me a lotion( alove vera with vitamin E and jojoba oil) no improvement

now he give me tacrolimus ointment 0.1% and vitamin tablets (i have not tried this yet should i go for this , is this have any side effects)
vitamin tablet is nervecom (mecobalamin and alpha alpha lipoic acid capsules)

the dermatologist said to me that this is not vitiligo

should i try the last one doctor has giveme tacrolimus ointment 0.1% and vitamin tablets

he said me to put the last ointment for 2 weeks if there is no improvement then we can do laser

i asked the dermatoligist how this occurs
in my case he replied that this occured due to sweat
so pls tell me should i try the tacrolimus ointment 0.1% and nervecom tablet or not
the dermatologist also said to me that this is not vitiligo
is there any side effect associated with tacrolimus ointment 0.1% and the vitamin tablet

what is my condition excately

Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image image

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern in details.

Perhaps it is idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis(IGH), if not vitiligo. To assess further, I'd request you to kindly upload an image of the spot in "Reports Section" so that I'll able to guide you more specifically.

Awaiting...

Follow-up: doctor i have a white spot in may left hand 5 hours later
doctor i have uploaded the image pls see it and give reply

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tacrolimus can be used. It is safe

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

This could be previtiligo. I suggest you to apply tacrolimus 0.1%ointment, twice daily. Rub it in. You may have to use it for 3-4 months as response is a bit slow. Tacrolimus is absolutely safe to use.

Follow-up: doctor i have a white spot in may left hand 10 hours later
doctors will this completely go

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tacrolimus should be effective

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I expect it to improve on tacrolimus ointment and hopefully it will go completely in 3-4months.

Follow-up: doctor i have a white spot in may left hand 24 hours later
is there any side effects with nervecom tablets( mecobalamin and alpha alpha lipoic acid capsules)

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Food supplement

Detailed Answer:

This tablet contains vitamin and antioxidant and is a food supplement. It is safe.