can any medical examination proves pregnancy and medical abortion done?

Hi Doctor, I just need some information from you. I had medical abortion 2 months back,i just want know whether there is any medical examination to prove that i was pregnant & had abortion.I need such medical report.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: no medical examination can prove this Detailed Answer: Hello, no medical examination can prove this. However, if there are still retained products of conception inside the uterus after the abortion, then it can be visible on the ultrasound scan. Only by means of physical medical examination,there is no way of proving that you were pregnant and had abortion. Investigations done at the time of pregnancy and abortion, like Urine pregnancy test report, Beta HCG report, ultrasound scan report while you were pregnant, can prove the same. However, these must have been documented and a record has to be kept to prove the same. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards,
Follow-up: can any medical examination proves pregnancy and medical abortion done? 10 minutes later
Veginal sonography or any other uterus examination will also not prove the abortion point.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: only if the products of conception are retained Detailed Answer: Hi, It can be detected through vaginal sonography only if there are retained products of conception. If the abortion process is complete, and no fetal part is within the uterus, then vaginal sonography will be normal. Abdominal uterus examination will not prove the abortion point. Regards,