Yellow mucus discharge, no odor. Am pregnant. What is it from?

Hi I am in m 39th week of pregnancy and I woke up around 3am this morning to go to the toilet and found a bright yellow mucousy discharge,there was a fair amount.I am wondering what it is from. It has no odour.

Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
The bright yellowish mucousy discharge is the mucus plug in the cervix that has dislodged. there is nothing to worry. It is a normal sign. It suggests that the labor pains are likely to begin in next 36-48 hours. Mild blood staining of this mucus is also common and is not alarming.
You only need to monitor the fetal movements and go to the labor room once the pains start or your water breaks or you perceive lesser fetal movements.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
If you are satisfied with the answer I request you to accept the answer.