Yellow bruise appeared on breast. Should I be concerned?

i just discovered a yellow bruise on my breast...I don't recall bumping into anything. I had my annual well woman exam last week and nothing was discovered in my breast exam. Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Since you had your well woman check up only a week ago and nothing significant was found, then it would reduce the likelihood that the lesion is cancerous.

Even though you stated that you do not recall any significant history of trauma, it is possible that minor trauma occurred. Normally when the blood in a bruise is breaking down the colour changes from red to eventually yellow.
In the absence of any tenderness, fever, swelling or discharge, you can consider monitoring the area for a few days to see if it resolves.

Other cause of yellow discoloration would be jaundice but this would present would wide spread changes not an isolated area

If it does not, worsens or you remain concerned then it may be best to visit your doctor for an assessment.
Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions