Xray showing inflamed intestine. What could be the reason for absence in bowel movements?

Apr 2014

I have a inflamed intestine shown on xray I'm waiting for a magic eye test and biopsy although for a couple of years I had urgent bowel movements 9 times per day I have no bleeding and little pain since the xray showing inflamation I have not opened my bowels for three days how can this be given my history of extreme toilet habits and urgency to go how can I go from complete pooing to totally nothing ? I have no other information from the a and e surgen who saw me he gave me buscapan and told me to watch what I eat but have me no other explanation my gp is no help saying he can't comment till the results of my biopsy is back I haven't even had it yet I'm awaiting a oout paitent appontment
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 28 hours later
Brief Answer: You may be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are probably suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. There is no specific treatment for this disease. Treatment includes diet alteration,behaviour and psychological therapy.High fibre diet should be taken.Medicines like tablet loperamide and antibiotics can also be given. But other causes should also be excluded.I think firstly routine investigations should be done before biopsy. Routine investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Urine RE/ME,Stool(routine and microscopic),colonoscopy should be done.Biopsy can only give definitive diagnosis. You should go ahead for biopsy so that exact cause can be find out and appropriate treatment can be given. Only antispasmodic like buscopan will not solve your problems. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX