X-ray showing apical densities in lungs, opaque lungs. Treated for Bronchitis in past. Is this cancer?

After being treated for a brochitis 2 weeks ago, the doctor called back saying my x XXXXXXX showed apical densities on both lungs. I am of course worried about cancer. He recommended a different kind of x XXXXXXX which I just had. What it looked like to me is the upper parts of my lungs were opaque ????

Of course, I am terrified.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The apical densities in a chest X-ray are commonly seen in chronic infections of lung like tuberculosis or consolidation of the lung. The lateral view of the chest will help in determining the depth of the lesions.
Cancer of the lung that too bilateral is not a likely possibility. An infection is a more likely cause. Please do not worry. Further investigations will help in confirming the diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.