X-ray showed lumbar fracture. Having pain in lower back muscle. get relief from Alleve. Suggestion?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
From a fall I have an lumbar 2 "slight" fracture, the doctor said after looking at the ex-rays. I am experiencing
pain in my lower back muscles also when I cough, stand and sit, but seem to be o.k. when I walk. The message
his nurse gave me was that nothing could be done about it, I'd just have to let it heal. I do get some relief from
Alleve but wonder if there is something else I should know or be doing. Once yesterday when I was sitting I
experienced light headedness and so laid on my back for much of the rest of the day.
Thank you -- I am wondering how long it should take this to heal and also what things I should avoid doing or am able to do to help the situation.
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It takes around 3-4 months to heal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Based on the above description, I assume that you have sustained a STABLE (without any neurological deficits in the legs) compression of L2 vertebral body.

The treatment for these injuries is always conservative which falls into the following categories -
* BED REST should be only for few days untill the acute pain subsides and prolonged immobilization is not advisable as it further leads to weakening of bone (disuse osteoporosis)
* PAIN MEDICINES as recommended by your treating doctor
* CALCIUM & fracture consolidates (which calcium preparation is best for you will be decided by your treating doctor)
* EXTERNAL BRACING in the form of a Lumbar corset

Hope I have addressed your query. I welcome any more clarifications.

Follow-up: X-ray showed lumbar fracture. Having pain in lower back muscle. get relief from Alleve. Suggestion? 27 hours later
Thank you for your answer, however, I did not get a response about the Pay Pal
problem, even after contacting your customer services which says an answer
would come to e-mail soon. After a request yesterday and today, I have
received no response. A phone number I saw began with a +instead of a number
so it isn't possible to call customer services on the phone. Could you please
direct me to the way to resolve this problem? I gave permission for a Pay Pal
remittance for ONE MONTH not EVERY month! Please let me know how I can
discontinue this service. Please send me an e-mail regarding this. I am spending
too much time trying to get this resolved!!
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The only way is to contact customer care.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am sorry to say this but I am not the person (as a consultant) to solve your problem. You have to contact the customer care personnel. You can drop a mail to customer care at " YYYY@YYYY ".

Good day