X-ray of my lumbar spine shows spondylolysis of L5. Suggest

Spine Surgeon

I recently had an X-ray of my lumbar spine. I do not have any consistent pain, yet feel like my gait is a little off when walking at times. No weakness, just that I am aware of the way I walk. These are the results. Also, can these results cause muscle twitches in the lower legs and feet and a tingling and slight numbness on the side of the right big toe. I have also seen a podiatrist who thinks I have a bunion and a nueroma.

Thank you.

Lumbosacral Spine Xray AP and Lateral

Standing AP and lateral views show the bones to be normally mineralized.
There is a mild levoscoliosis with a normal lordotic curve. No fracture.
There may be minimal antherolisthesis of the L5 on S1

The remaining disc vertebral bodies and disc spaces are normal
The later view suggests spondylolysis of L5

I Have also been told I have pelvic torsion.

I am a 37 yr old female.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Abnormal gait may be due various reasons and need to see how is the gait. Any way it could be due to weakness of proximal muscles around the hip joint. To rule out Spine cause you need to get MRI spine as Xrays give limited information.
Are you able to do toe walking or heel walking comfortable for at least one minute? any night pain in the legs? feel numb legs after walking certain distance? You said about tingling at the big toe, is it only that area or extend upwards along the outer leg?
I would suggest to consult orthopaedic doctor and get a thorough examination. Need to check the strength in proximal muscles. If any neurological signs seen then need to get spine MRI. Also hip joint issues need to ruled out. Thanks.
Follow-up: X-ray of my lumbar spine shows spondylolysis of L5. Suggest 13 minutes later

Thank you for your reply. My gait looks normal to others, it just feels slighty awkward to me. I am slightly pigeon toed. The tingling and numbness that comes and goes is only on the outside of my big toe and in the fourth outer toe of my other foot. The podiatrist said i have a bunion and a neuroma. The muscle twitches concern me and I am not sure if physically related or amxiety. I had a brain MRI about two years ago. I do have hyper reflexes, yet they are even and I've always had them.

I can walk heel to toe and on both. I can run. I have little pain.. Occasionally, but slight. I also have a hip click on my left, but always have. I used to do gymnastics and run.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 10 minutes later
Thanks for the information.
It looks more local problem in the foot rather than serious spine problem. Xrays show minimal changes and don't indicate serious issue. But I would suggest to consult orthopaedic doctor. Thanks.