Wrist surgery done. Having some carpal tunnel issues, feeling fever and tired. Should I be worried?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I talked to someone last night, but wasn't quite satisfied. I fell 6 weeks ago and suffered a broken wrist along with 2 big knots on my head and being banged up from a fall. I had wrist surgery 4 weeks ago and I guess I am doing ok with it , having some carpal tunnel issues. What bothers me most is my being so tired and feeling like I have a fever every afternoon, lowgrade. I just really start feeling lousey around 2:00. I'm a hairstylist and really need my energy back!!!
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

As a general rule of thumb, if fever is present in the body, an infection is present somewhere. The type of infection which also causes fatigue and other symptoms is generally a systemic variety rather than one that is localized in one location.

Many infections cause both fever and fatigue because the body’s immune system is working hard to fight off the infection. The temperature begins to rise in an attempt to kill bacteria and viruses, thus causing the fever.

You often feel tired and fatigued because of this extra energy being exerted by the body, which may encourage you to rest and conserve energy.

You are also suffering from blood test like complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), etc. under his/her guidance.

You have to boost your immunity by taking diet XXXXXXX in protein, minerals and vitamins. Drink plenty of water.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Wishing you good health...