Would like to know the treatment for dark circle and best way to reduce it?

My self B M XXXXXXX i would like to know the treatment for dark circle. and best way to reduce it?
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Many options

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Dark circles are a very common issue. It may be secondary to aging process, allergies, inadequate nutrition, inadequate sleep, etc.

There are many treatment options available to manage them. These include Lightening agents like Kojic acid, bleaching creams, moisturizers containing Vitamin K, and laser. Kojic acid is better taken under supervision of a dermatologist since it may cause irritation and more darkening of skin, if not applied properly.

Along with this it is important to take measures to improve lifestyle like sleep should be adequate, do regular exercise, take nutritious food, etc

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Would like to know the treatment for dark circle and best way to reduce it? 11 minutes later

Thank you for your valuable inormation and i would like to know is that kojic acid is safe and good to use?
I am feed up about the dark circle( under eyes) and in my face it will be highlighted so please let me know?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi again

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Kojic acid is a depigmenting cream and is widely prescribed by dermatologists. As with other depigmenting agents, it does have side-effects but is safer than other medicines in this category.

You need to follow certain instructions while using this cream:

1.It should be applied at night time.

2.It should be kept only for 20 to 30 minutes and washed with water.

3.Sun protection is must at day time.

The side-effects can be rash (usually if above instructions are not followed) and allergic skin irritation.

Dr Vaishalee