Would back pain along with presence of WBC esterase and WBC indicate UTI?

Jul 2016

Would some right mid back and side back pain along with WBC esterase 2+ and WBC 6-10 indicate uti?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may be UTI associated with urinary stone. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have back pain and your analysis revealed presence of WBC esterase and 6-8 WBC on microscopic examination. The back pain (Loin pain) along with presence of WBC esterase and WBC are suggestive of possibility of UTI with stone either in the Kidney or Ureter.However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination and following investigations. 1) Routine urine test and Urine culture . 2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen . Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get these investigations done under his guidance to confirm the diagnosis, Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.