Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Would anethstesia used for putting a patient under cause hand tremor?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Development of resting tremors in left hand only one week after TURP is not likely to be the affect of anaesthetic drugs given during the surgery.

No such delayed effects have been documented in the literature.

This problem needs a systemic evaluation by a neurologist to find out the cause.

The exact cause can only be determined after proper clinical examination as well as some blood investigations including hormone profiles, liver and renal function tests.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.