Woke up with fever, stomach pain and chills. Have mild cough. Worried?

I'm 25 and staring July 4 th at night my body became extremely weak to the point that I didn't want to move I also had chills the following morning I
Woke up with a fever of 102 throught the day I had stomach pains and chills and my fever still by night time I had gotten worse I couldn't sleep and threw up
Twice I'm still having symptoms my fever comes and goes but I feel like I'm still warm inside also I have a mild cough and bad XXXXXXX in my mouth I'm worried
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Thank you so much for this query. I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored having this opportunity to address your health questions today. I am so sorry to hear about this fever that you are having.

From the description of your symptoms, this could be caused by an viruses. Treatment often consists in controlling the symptoms, drinking much fluids and having some rest. This often suffice to get the condition treated. However, if a bacterial super infection should set in, the getting antibiotics on board is a good decision.

I will suggest that you try the above measures. If however, your temperature reaches 104, you have difficulties eating, repeated vomiting or any other worrisome signs or symptoms should set in, then please go to the ER for proper evaluation and management.

I know you have not provided you location but found it out to be USA. If you have recently traveled out of the USA, then let me know because this could raise the suspicion of other illnesses that are not traditional in the USA.

Hope you find this helpful and provides guidance on how to approach this problem. Stay calm and be watchful for red flags as mentioned above. I wish you a speedy recovery. Please, if you have more specific questions related to this query, I am more than happy to address them. Thank you so much again for this opportunity.
Dr. Ditah, MD.