With reference to the reports will I conceive naturally?

Infertility Specialist
Hi , I have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months. I am 37 years of age and overweight. My Doctor sent me for an ultrasound scan and is quite happy that I should conceive naturally but I am worried to death that something is wrong. I will type what the report says:

US Pelvis transabdominal & transvaginal

Poor quality image with limited resolution due to patient body habitus.

The uterus appears normal in size and echotexture with an endometrial thickness of 6.4mm LMP - day 27.

The right ovary has a volume of 10cc, the left ovary has a volume of 11cc. Both ovaries contain numerous small follicles. PCO cannot be excluded, suggest correlation with clinical biochemistry. No free fluid seen.

Do you see that I should be able to conceive naturally with the above report? What should my endometrial thickness be and my ovary volume?

FSH and LH was normal
PLease can you answer my above question
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 days later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) The ultrasound report looks fine.

2) Endometrium thickness measured on day 27 is not reliable or necessary.

3) Ovary volume and follicles in ovary appear to be fine.

4) Please get HSG ( hysterosalpingogram) to check patency of fallopian tubes.

5) Get you husband's semen analysis to check if it is fine.

6) Get regular follicular growth scan from your doctor to know the dominant egg formation in ovary which is best time to have intercourse and high chances of conception.

7) You can also use fertility monitor. But its not always accurate to predict ovulation, hence follicular growth scan is preferred.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol

IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: With reference to the reports will I conceive naturally? 13 minutes later
Do you think I have a good chance of conceiving naturally
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later

You have average chance of conceiving naturally. Keeping your age in mind I have to say "average".

If you get me the above reports as normal, I can predict the chances better.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol