Will taking flagyl, amoxicillin or Diflucan affect syphilis, hepatitis test and HIV test?
User rating for this question
Will taking flagyl, amoxicillin, or diflucan affect a syphillis test, a hepititis test, or and hiv test?
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Amoxycillin affect syphilis not HIV,Hepatitis test Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Flagyl and Diflucan have no effect on Syphilitic serology whereas Amoxycilin has anti-syphilitic effect and known to abort the disease when given early and known to delay the appearance of Syphilitic antibodies than to the time expected to appear and likely to miss the the diagnosis of Syphilis sometimes. These drugs neither have any anti-viral effect nor any immuno-suppressive effect, so they would not affect the outcome of HIV and Hepatitis tests anyway. If you have more doubts I will be happy to clear the same after 40 hours as I am away from system. Dr S XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Blood pressure of 164104 sitting in bed
- Difference between coversyl 5mg and concor 5mg
- Laboratory test for syphilis
- Sandoz regestrone 5mg side effects allergy
- 165 over 94 blood pressure
- Schambergs disease and losartan 50mg
- Liver enzymes ast 164
- Confirmatory testing for syphilis
- Is 16498 a high blood pressure
- 50mg avil tablet make unconsious in night?
- Syphilis testing after treatment
- Non reac on syphilis test
- Blood pressure 164 over 93
- Can hepatitis c delay hiv testing
- Zanocin 50mg side effects children