Will switching from Doxazosin to Cardugen cause diarrhea?

I recently changed from 4 mg Doxazosin to 4mg Cardugen daily . Can this cause diarrhhea ? My e mail address YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diarrhoea is listed in common side effects Detailed Answer: Hi Yes diarrhoea is one of the common side effects listed under Cardugen or Doxazosin. Cardugen is brand name for Doxazosin. So there is no difference between them. If diarrhoea is a new symptom after starting Cardugen you can give a break or check if you are taking along with any other drugs like Cymbalta and Nexium. Give at least an hour gap before you take Cardugen. If this does not control you should better report to the doctor. However one should also find other causes of diarrhoea at this time like infection and treat them before stopping Cardugen.