Will silium help in curing restless leg syndrome?

I have a serious case of Restless Leg Syndrome....have been taking mirapex for years, but it really doesn't work for me very well any more. Someone mentioned a medication, I think, called silium, that works for him. Do you know anything about that drug?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no rationale in using silium. Detailed Answer: Hi, welcome to XXXXXXX Silium, (if you are not wrong) is a drug that belongs to calcium channel blocking group called flunarazine, used for migraine. There is no rationale in using it in Restless leg syndrome (RLS). In fact, there are case reports showing silium as a causative agent of RLS. If mirapex is not working, you have many other options like clonidine, gabapentin etc. Hence, i recommend you to request your doctor for a change of drug rather than trying an unproved and counterproductive drug. Hope i have addressed your question. Feel free to post your queries, if you have further. Bye.