Will remove the gallbladder. Will I have pain after the surgery and when I will recover?

I will remove tha gallbladder this week, will I have pain after the surgery and when I will recover , also will I have diareria .
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 17 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

Gall bladder surgeries these days are quite safe, as a rule these surgeries are done by laparoscopy with very small incision and very less morbidity.

Pain is a usual feature after the surgery, but most of the patients will be pain free in 24-48 hours with the laparoscopy.

A person should be able to continue his/her usual life style in a fortnight, although it varies from person to person.

If you need further information, please let me know.