Will it be safe to take carbo cycleing diet?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am thinking about trying a Carbo cycleing diet,something like 2 days of low carbs then one day of high carbs.Any advice
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later

Zig zagging calories for fat loss are awesome!

Carb cycling is an advanced technique requiring true dedication, it’s not for the casual person trying to lose a few pounds. Carb cycling is appropriate if:
- you are over 18 years old
- you are in perfect health
- you currently have 6-pack abs
- you are a competing bodybuilder or model who needs to get down to 3-6% body fat.
- you have very strong willpower and don’t need cheat meals.

Most zig-zag programs for fat loss usually only have 1 high day followed by 3 low days.

On the high days, you generally increase your complex carb intake, and fat intake as well, protein should remain the same on both high and low days. Keep dietary fats consistent throughout your plan.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.