Will having naturogest after an IUI improve chances of pregnancy and when can I take HPT?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Posted By : Srevat hi, I am planning for pregnancy,I have done IUI and thereafter my Dr. prescribed naturogest 300mg. One in morning and one at night. After having the medicine felling dizziness. how long this usually persist? I was given 5 FSH shots. one follical was 21mm mature in right ovary. on 10th day HSG 5000 shot was given and a day after i.e on 12th day morning checked for follical rupture. but it dint ruputure, however same day evening IUI was done. from 13th day night i started having naturogest 300mg (1-0-1) for 20 days. still 12 days to take these medicines. Today its 22nd day of my cycle. What are the chances of me getting pregnant. When can i go for HPT.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: One week after expected date of periods Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Naturogest is natural micronized progesterone, which helps in implantation and maintenance of pregnancy. Some side effects like nausea, bloating sensation, dizziness etc can be seen with this. But these will subside soon without need of medication usually. It is difficult to tell the exact time taken to get accustomed for the symptoms. It may differ from person to person. Usually after giving HCG injection, ovum will release in 24 to 48 hours. As you planned IUI according to this, there is possibility for pregnancy, if all other factors are normal. Wait till your expected date of periods, if you miss the periods, go for blood test for pregnancy. If you want to go for urine test, better to wait for one week after expected date of periods and do the test to get accurate result. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: Will having naturogest after an IUI improve chances of pregnancy and when can I take HPT? 38 hours later
just wanted to know about IUI semen. Pre semen wash: Sperm count : 25 Millions/cu.mm Rapid linear : 20% Normal sperm : 20% impression : Astheno spermia Post Semen wash: Sperm Count: 15 millions/cumm Rapid linear : 45% Concentration sperm volume : 0.5 ML our Dr. on seeing the report said sperm count was less. we just want to know the chances of conception.

Brief Answer: Possibility of pregnancy is there Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually more than 20 millions count and around 50% rapid motility are taken as normal seminal parameters. But usually IUI can be done at around 10 millions sperm count also. As the motility of sperms increased after wash, there is possibility of pregnancy. But generally after one IUI procedure around 40 to 50% success rate can be expected. Hopefully you may get succeed. Take care.

Follow-up: Will having naturogest after an IUI improve chances of pregnancy and when can I take HPT? 2 days later
Thanks for your valuable answers.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, You are welcome. Wishing you success in IUI. Take care.

hi Dr. 21 nov i have done my IUI. Exactly 2 weeks later(14 dpiui) i have done HPT, came out Negative. on 26th day of my cycle there was brownish discharge in the evening and there was no discharge later on that day. Again on 27th day morning around 11 am there was little brownish discharge only once the whole day very less than the previous day. Just want to know whether it was implantation bleeding or periods symptoms. Tomorrow is my period date (28 days cycle). There is occational cramps in my stomach and lower backache. Also occational my breasts are hurting. Feeling very exhausted.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Just by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion regarding pregnancy. The symptoms of premenstrual phase may mimic early pregnancy symptoms sometimes. The spotting could be implantation bleeding or intermenstrual spotting due to hormonal imbalance. So, confirmatory test is needed. Urine pregnancy test kit may not give accurate result in early pregnancy. Better to go for blood test for pregnancy. For more details : http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/05/pregnancy-tests.html If you want to repeat the urine test, better to repeat 4 to 5 days after missed period. Take care.

Hi Dr. I missed my period and need to consult my Dr. tomorrow (33rd day).I read few posts and came to know there is usually white discharge during pregnancy. I have nothing as such and have only some kind of water like sometimes.Is it normal during pregnancy? Also wanted to know whether Naturogest 300mg which I am taking can avoid periods at this particular time. Also let me know if I can take HPT today or tomorrow? What precautions I should take or have taken right from the day of IUI. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Symptoms may differ from person to person Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually physiological leuchorrhea can be seen in pregnancy. Means increased vaginal discharge. But this may not be excessive and can differ from person to person. Naturogest helps in implantation and maintenance of pregnancy. But usually it will not stop the impending menstrual flow. Urine pregnancy test kit can give accurate result one week after missed period. Sometimes it can detect early pregnancy also. So you can do the test today. After IUI you have to continue the drugs prescribed by your doctor like folic acid, progesterone etc. Have to take nutritious diet. You can do your routine work as usual. Take care.