Ask a Urologist   »  

Will frequent masturbation lead to prostate cancer?

Psychiatrist
Question
I masturbate much frequently (sometime 3/4 times in a day). Can I have prostate cancer due to this now or in future life ? (I am having a large lump attached to my left testicle since 11 years and which has been detected by ultrasound as epididymic cyst and I am also having another very small epididymic cyst attached to right testicle before some days the ultrasound was done ). I am a male and now my age is 32 I am having a long practice of masturbation. I read from internet that masturbation increases prostate cancer in young. I am very much scared. Please help me sir.
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 14 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

Masturbation, in whatever frequency is not related to increase frequency of prostate cancer. So there is no need to get scared.

However, I will advise you to do masturbate only when you are sexually excited and not as habit or complusion.
For epididymal cyst, you should consult surgeon to get it removed.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to contact me in case if you have any query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Will frequent masturbation lead to prostate cancer? 8 minutes later
Sir, regarding epididymic cyst I have asked a doctor and he told me after seeing my report that(Although he never seen that cyst physically) is there any problem with it like pain etc ? When I answered that I don't have any problem with it now then he told me it is not XXXXXXX at all and it will be removed when it will create any problem. Otherwise it may be left as it is.

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 18 minutes later
Thanks for reverting to me with additional information.

In my opinion, it should be thoroughly investigated to find out the cause of fluid collection and cyst formation. It may be congenital also.

Sometimes it is advisable to take biopsy of cystic msterial also.

So you should consult surgeon/ urosurgeon for detailed evaluation eventhough it is not causing any symptoms right now.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

In case, if you do not have any query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks.

sir, can the epididymic cyst be cancer now or in future ? U have told about the biopsy means perhaps U R suspecting about cancer. Is it so sir ?

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 57 minutes later
Thanks for reverting to me.

Yes, cancer may be one of the reason for cyst although it is very rare.

It is very less likely in your case as it is present since a long time and it is not causing any symptoms to you.
So I do not think you should get scared but you should evaluate it thoroughly.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any further query.

In case if you do not have any query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks.