Ask a Urologist   »  

Will curved erection cause a problem with sex? No hard scar tissue. Will my penis cause her painful sex?

Urologist
Question
Since birth I have had a curved Penis. Nothing extreme but its noticeable and I have avoided sexual contact due to embarrassment. I now have a serious girlfriend and we are talking about marriage, and I am worried if my curved erection will cause a problem with sex (we have not had sex yet and she does not know about my penis) From what I have read some say a curve is normal other say it is Paryonies. I don’t think that I have Paryonies because I am only 30 years old, I can get an erection easily, It does not hurt at all, it has been since birth, and I don't see/feel any hard scar tissue anywhere. I am hoping that you can tell me that I am ok by looking at the attached Pictures so I can finally feel normal. I just can't continue in a serious relationship if my penis will cause her painful intercourse, it would not be fair to my girlfriend.

Please Please Help
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 2 hours later

I have had a look at the pictures you have uploaded and what you have is most probably what we call a 'chordee'.

If this is associated with a urinary opening below the usual side, it could have been a problem (hypospadias) but from what I see, your curvature angle should not hinder healthy intercourse, and I anticipate no significant difficulty when you are with your girlfriend, especially considering that you seem to have an excellent erection.

On the other hand, if you do indeed find that you have trouble at the actual act of intercourse, the problem can be remedied by a simple surgery to straighten the penis, but you might have a mild shortening of the penis in the post-operative period. As you said, Peyronie’s disease is often associated with a palpably hard tissue beneath the skin of the penis, and in its initial phase is often associated with mild pain, and erections also are often not too strong.

Hope I have been able to help you. Please accept my answer, if you do not have follow up query.